Iqama Status Check-in Saudi Arabia Guide
Iqama Status Check The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) permits foreign nationals to live and work in Saudi Arabia and its shores through the Iqama permit. It is often a National Residence/Employment Permit issued by the Ministry of the Interior. To solicit Iqama, a person needs a sponsor within the state. Usually, the employer applies on behalf of the worker within 90 days of coming to the KSA.
An Iqama is essential as proof of residence/employment; mandatory in opening bank accounts, getting a house on rent, and registering for utilities. It always takes around 1-3 weeks to urge an Iqama approval from the Saudi Arabia Ministry of Labour and Social Development.
How to Check Iqama Status Online?
1. Finding Your Iqama Number
There will be a 10-digit numeric combination on the Iqama card. It will be at the rock bottom center of the front page or below your picture. It’s your Iqama number, which can assist you in looking for your Iqama status online on the Ministry of Interior, Saudi Arabia website.
2. Checking Your Iqama Status
You can verify your Iqama Status online by following these easy steps:
1. attend the official website of the KSA Ministry of Interior
2. Change the language to English, if you can’t read Arabic
3. attend the “Passports” section from the menu tabs
4. Click on “Query Iqama Expiry Service” within the dropdown list
5. Choose Integrated eServices for people
6. Create your login credentials, then enter your username, password, and numeric Iqama number to log in.
7. You will be asked to submit A 4-digit verification code, which you will get on your registered mobile number.
8. Click on “Query Iqama Expiry Service.”
9. Enter your Iqama number and the randomly generated code. Click on “View.”
10. Your Iqama validity status is going to be shown.
3. Checking Your Iqama Validity
You will see whether your Iqama status is valid or expired through the color on the dates mentioned. Red means your Iqama is no longer valid. An expired Iqama may be a grave concern and attracts hefty fines. The employer must renew your Iqama a few days before its passage. Anyone caught working without a valid Iqama can be prosecuted.
4. Different Methods to urge an Iqama
Some people also apply for Iqama through a study visa or student visa. An Iqama holder can act as a sponsor for their relations to acquire Iqama. There are various routes to urge an Iqama in Saudi Arabia. The primary one is thru your employer. These are “Iqama for Dependents” and can’t add Saudi Arabia.
How to Check Iqama Status Outside KSA?
Through the Iqama number, visa number, or passport number, it’s possible to see the status anywhere outside KSA. You will follow the standard steps after logging into the Ministry of Interior website. Then within the Passport section, click on Query Iqama Expiry Service. You will redirect to the Absher portal, where you have to click on Unified e-Services for People.
However, suppose you’re an Iqama holder and have exited Saudi Arabia with plans to re-enter. Therein case, your employer will need to obtain an exit/re-entry permit from the Saudi Ministry of Interior.
Transferable Iqama FAQs
1. Can Iqamas be transferred?
Yes, Iqamas transferable are often transferred by this employer to a different employer if you modify your job. It provides a competitive advantage. Most employers prefer candidates with transferable sponsorships to apply for Saudi Arabian work visas. The mobile status depends on the employer. If required, employers can send the employee back to your country following the end of your employment.
2. the way to Transfer Iqama Sponsorship in KSA Online?
The employer will first create an invitation to transfer sponsorship through the company’s account. This request must be to the Ministry of Labour (MLSD). It should do within your notice period, and your employer will submit a replica of your valid Iqama with the appliance.
Your new employer must accept this request for transfer of sponsorship, filed within the MLSD system. If they catch on, your Iqama will transfer to a replacement sponsor. It is worth knowing that an employee can request for transfer of sponsorship without the employer/Kafeel under certain conditions.
- If the sponsor belongs to the “Red” Nitaqat category
- the sponsor company doesn’t provide an Iqama within three months of the employee’s arrival within the KSA
- If the worker has not been paid salary for over three months under the Wage Protection System
- The Iqama has expired for quite a month
- If the worker reports a billboard cover-up in their organization
- If the employer has been absent from the court case filed by the worker
- the court approves the worker for the transfer of sponsorship.
Suppose you have not been paid a salary for a long time or have to travel to court to settle matters. You will transfer your Iqama sponsorship from the Ministry of Labor website by creating your account.
3. the way to Check the Iqama Transfer Status?
Sponsorship transfer occurs in two phases: first, within the Labour Office.
- The first step is to see the Iqama transfer status on the Ministry of Labour website through the Labour Office Service inquiry. Click on the “Transfer the Expatriate Worker Service” within the dropdown list of service types. Enter the Iqama number and verification code to see the status.
- When your new employer accepts the request, it should show your employer’s name in the Absher account. You will need to pay a fee for the transfer of your sponsorship.
Iqama Colour/Nitaqat Information
The Nitaqat system, established in 2011 by the Ministry of Labor, refers to the pace of Saudiization in an institution corporation. For ex-pats working within the KSA, Nitaqat’s complexion is critical. It represents the company health that employs them. It is often a deciding factor in finding employment within the KSA corporation. Has the ability to renew your iqama status as soon as possible. The number of fees you have to pay and the ability to transfer your Iqama
The Nitaqat color of the corporation checks using the Iqama number or passport number on the website of the Ministry of Labor. After entering one of those three, you will see Iqama’s color status, company status, and other details. Your full name, working paper number, and employment status.
Here’s what the colors mean.
Red Colour on Nitaqat Meaning
If your company shows a red Nitaqat color, it means:
- You cannot change your profession
- Issuing of latest visas prohibited for brand spanking new ex-pats
- Your ticket can’t transfer
- Your Iqama can’t renew
- Employees can move to green Nitaqat companies
- Your company cannot accept employees from another company.
Yellow Colour on Nitaqat Meaning
If but 7% of the company’s workforce consists of Saudi citizens, they fall into this category. This means:
- You can be issued a visa. Only two ex-pats leave the corporate
- If you complete six years of service, your working papers can’t renew
- No Iqama transfer from other sponsors is permitted
- Employees can move to green companies
- You cannot change your profession or transfer your visa.
Green Colour on Nitaqat Meaning
Companies with a 12% Saudi workforce fall within the green category. This means:
- You can apply for a replacement Saudi visa once every two months.
- Changing the profession is allowed in jobs that don’t rest Saudi workers.
- Companies get six months grace period after the expiry of revenue certificates.
- You can renew your Iqamas before three months of the expiry.
- Transfer of sponsorship from other red and yellow category companies is allowed.
Platinum Colour on Nitaqat Meaning
Companies with over 40% of their workforce consisting of Saudi citizens categorize as Platinum. This means:
- Companies can hire anyone from any country.
- Visa processing gets more accessible and may do online.
- Can change to professions restricted for Saudi workers.
- Saudi Visas and, therefore, the Iqama often transfer efficiently.
How to Check Iqama Renewal Status Online?
- Go to the official website of the Ministry of Interior, Saudi Arabia
- Go to the Passports section on the most menu page and click ” Iqama Renewal.”
- Click on Integrated services for Individuals to be redirected to the Absher portal.
- Create your login ID and password if you do not have one.
- Sign in together with your login credentials.
- Enter the 4-digit verification code sent to your registered mobile number and click on “Query Iqama Expiry Service.”
- Enter your Iqama number and, therefore, the randomly generated code.
- Click on “View” to ascertain your expiry date.
Red means the Iqama status remains expired.
How to Renew your Iqama Online?
After this, you’ll ask the HR department of your company to initiate the renewal process online, which takes approximately one day.
Residents and non-Saudi nationals with IQAMAs may not enter Saudi Arabia without Category 1 vaccination status. They must comply with the additional screening measures introduced by local authorities in Saudi Arabia. Notify your sponsor. The police will keep your documents if you have dual citizenship, as the Saudi government does not recognize dual citizenship.
Upon arrival in Saudi Arabia, residents and non-Saudi citizens have IQAMA and immunity status. After receiving your COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, you must submit immunity on your interview application. Suppose it shows that you have not completed the mandatory hotel quarantine. You are not required to undergo a PCR test upon arrival. Suppose a resident returning to Saudi Arabia is not immune. You will have to undergo an institutional quarantine and PCR test at your own expense between the first and seventh days.
Upon arrival, your employer has 90 days to complete the remaining paperwork to receive your IQama. An employee with valid iqamas can sponsor and apply for this for his family members. It is a matter for spouses and children and not tied to the employer or employee.
Iqama Status Check Online
It is worth mentioning that the service requires entering the foreigner passport registration number, as shown below. Employees who wish to leave or re-enter the KSA must obtain an exit and re-entry permit from the Saudi Arabia Ministry of Interior.
Getting your Iqama in Saudi Arabia is very important as it is your proof of permission to live and work in the country. The verification of the expiry date of the Iqama is essential for expatriates living in Saudi Arabia. In this article, we explain ways to check the status of the work permit and new iqamas issued using the border number of the country.
You can check the validity of the Iqama on the Absher website, the Absher app, the Ministry of Labour (MOL) website, and the KSA. For iqama requests, you can also visit the new official website, www.moh.gov.sa. Follow the steps below to check the IQama expiration date with the Iqama query using the new method.
You will see a login page where you can enter your iqama number, user ID, and password for your Absher account in the image code below. You can use a friend’s account if you have not created your account yet. Create an account with Absher and request the iqamas expiration check with a friend.
Iqama Status Check in KSA
Your IQAMA is a small, stiff, rectangular card issued by the Ministry of the Interior. Enter the IQAMA number and image code into the relevant fields and click the view button.
It would help if you had a residence permit to live in the country, Iqama, and the Saudi language. Anyone who wants to work or study in Saudi Arabia must have an Iqama to live there. It is not necessary to work or if they’re going to stay for two months, ten months, or ten years.
Issued by the Saudi Ministry of Labor and Social Development, Iqama is a national residence permit or work visa. They are expatriates living and working in Saudi Arabia. Ex-pats must sponsor an employer who applies on behalf of the employee. Other hospitals in the Kingdom wishing to hire Indian nurses will have to register on the e-Migrate portal and use the ministry’s services.
Outstanding Fees and Family Members. Upon departure, the premium cost at the time of release or expatriates with family members will have to pay for their exit or re-entry visas. You will need to renew your exit and re-entry visas.